Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Only One Thing Matters: My Reaction to the Health-Care Ruling

I'm gonna make this short and sweet.

While I disagree with the ruling in general, as I vehemently deny the constitutionality of a legislative monster that will ultimately bankrupt our nation unless utterly destroyed, I believe that the decision of Chief Justice Roberts was a clever play in political brinkmanship. Some may disagree with this, but I feel that Roberts called Obama's bluff. He said that it was constitutional under the Fed's power to tax, and if there is one thing that Americans hate more than morons and fools in Congress, it's morons and fools in Congress imposing new taxes on them. Roberts might as well have delivered Republicans and Mitt Romney a political "Little Boy"-the first atomic bomb used in war-for the general election. The lately-latent Tea Party will rise anew, most Americans will want the monster repealed, and now Obama and his team of brown-nosers will have to convince America that it is not a tax. The only way that they can do that is by calling it a "penalty". And I for one don't see why I should be punished for not having health care insurance (I have it but that's beside the point for the purposes of this discussion) if I don't want to. The government has no right-I repeat, NO RIGHT, to punish me or anybody else for not buying a product or service if I don't want to. And the ruling not only saddles the middle-class with a tax that will make the national debt problem unsolvable within a decade of implementation, but it also changes nothing. The middle class will become poorer and poorer, tax-evasion will grow more and more severe, and the rich will simply take the penalty and pay for their hospital visits and tit-jobs and drug cocktails with their own money.

The only thing that matters from this is that we have to, HAVE TO, get Barack H. Obama out of the presidency. If we do that, we can repeal this monstrosity in its entirety and come up with common-sense solutions for the health-care industry that are true to our free-market system while leaving leeway for those less fortunate under natural circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment